Vandals strike at former home of Patsy Brewin
- Credit: ARCHANT
The former March home of the late Patsy and George Brewin has been targeted by vandals.
Windows have been smashed and boarded up around the property in City Road.
A spokesperson for the Police has confirmed they have had reports of vandalism at the property, but not since the end of June this year.
“The damage is thought to have taken place between midnight on June 21 and 4pm on June 27,” they said.
“Since then, there has been no other crimes linked to this location.”
Councillor Jan French has said that she too has heard nothing about the crime, but is taking a trip down to Brewin Oaks to investigate.
Since the passing of Patsy Brewin six years ago, Brewin Oaks has been subject to a number of planning appeals.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 4 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 5 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 6 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 7 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
A compromise was reached in March this year for the house to be retained and the grounds to be used for eight homes.