Vandals strike at former home of Patsy Brewin
- Credit: ARCHANT
The former March home of the late Patsy and George Brewin has been targeted by vandals.
Windows have been smashed and boarded up around the property in City Road.
A spokesperson for the Police has confirmed they have had reports of vandalism at the property, but not since the end of June this year.
“The damage is thought to have taken place between midnight on June 21 and 4pm on June 27,” they said.
“Since then, there has been no other crimes linked to this location.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Jan French has said that she too has heard nothing about the crime, but is taking a trip down to Brewin Oaks to investigate.
Since the passing of Patsy Brewin six years ago, Brewin Oaks has been subject to a number of planning appeals.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
A compromise was reached in March this year for the house to be retained and the grounds to be used for eight homes.