Burglar flees after breaking into village house
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A man who broke into a house before being disturbed was caught on camera.
Police have now issued a CCTV image of the suspect they want to question following the break-in at Upwell near Wisbech.
The man entered the house in School Road at around 415pm on Wednesday December 15.
"Once inside, it is believed the male was disturbed by occupants,” said a spokesperson for Norfolk Police.
“He then left without taking anything.”
The spokesperson said: “We would like to speak to the man in the CCTV image as he may be able to help with this investigation.”
Anyone who believes they recognise the man in this CCTV image, or who has any information about this incident, is asked to contact PC Chris Lyng on 101 quoting crime reference 36/93099/21.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 10 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111
Police have not confirmed if the offence is related to a theft on the same day from Upwell in which ride on lawnmowers and an extensive collection of gardening equipment was stolen.