Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police / File / Wikimedia Commons
A 58-year-old man who stole a £57k BMW M4 from a Wisbech street has been jailed.
Danny Biddle, of no fixed abode, was caught in the act on doorbell cam and pleaded guilty to burglary at Cambridge Crown Court.
He was sentenced to three years in prison on Friday, May 20, and the car has never been recovered.
Biddle gained entry to a house on March Road, Wisbech, on December 9, 2021.
The victim arrived home later the same day, and discovered his living room window open.
The victim's BMW M4, worth nearly £60,000, was missing.
Doorbell cam footage from March Road on December 9 was handed to police, and officers identified Biddle, and members of the public reported seeing the burglar at the scene.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 7 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
Detective Constable Verity Carrick said: "Thanks to information from the public and officers, we were able to link Biddle to the crime.
"While we were not able to recover the vehicle, we hope this three-year sentence provides some closure to the victim."