Man, 70, knocked to ground, punched and kicked during home break-in
- Credit: CAMBS POLICE
A 70-year-old man was knocked to the ground, repeatedly punched and kicked by five men who broke into his house in Manea.
The men attempted to gain access to Witcham Farm Cottage in Purls Bridge Drove at about 3pm on Saturday afternoon (March 20).
The victim's son, who was also at the house, was also assaulted. He suffered a deep laceration to his head and required hospital treatment.
Police have since released CCTV images of four of the men they want to identify in connection with the aggravated burglary.
The group searched the property and outbuildings before making off in a white Ford Transit van.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the group were seen at about 2pm in Manea village with the white transit and another vehicle described as a black 4x4.
Anyone without internet access should call 101.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement