Man, 70, knocked to ground, punched and kicked during home break-in
- Credit: CAMBS POLICE
A 70-year-old man was knocked to the ground, repeatedly punched and kicked by five men who broke into his house in Manea.
The men attempted to gain access to Witcham Farm Cottage in Purls Bridge Drove at about 3pm on Saturday afternoon (March 20).
The victim's son, who was also at the house, was also assaulted. He suffered a deep laceration to his head and required hospital treatment.
Police have since released CCTV images of four of the men they want to identify in connection with the aggravated burglary.
The group searched the property and outbuildings before making off in a white Ford Transit van.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the group were seen at about 2pm in Manea village with the white transit and another vehicle described as a black 4x4.
Anyone without internet access should call 101.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely