Drink driver drove child, 7, whilst nearly five times over limit
- Credit: Archant
A woman who drove a seven-year-old child whilst nearly five times over the drink drive limit has been sentenced.
Jurate Rimgailiene was spotted by police driving a yellow Nissan Juke on the A1198 near Caxton with no rear lights on June 24.
Officers tried to get Rimgailiene to pull over, but continued driving around the area in a near 30-minute pursuit before stopping in Cambourne at around 11.45pm.
The 34-year-old woman blew 172 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath, the legal limit being 35.
Police also found a seven-year-old boy sat in the back of the car.
Rimgailiene, of Crocus Grove, Peterborough, pleaded guilty to drink driving and failing to stop, and was given a 12-week suspended sentence for 12 months at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on July 28.
She was also disqualified from driving for 32 months.
- 1 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 2 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 3 Tea rooms left 'gutted' after daylight burglary
- 4 March Town Council's plans to demolish public toilets
- 5 ‘Strange looking candy floss...’ seized during police patrol
- 6 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 7 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 8 LETTERS: Our weekly round-up of readers' views
- 9 ‘We should be offered compensation’ - Campaigner's plea to Steve Barclay
- 10 Mission to eliminate hepatitis C on target in town
You can report drink or drug driving to Cambridgeshire Police through a 24/7 confidential hotline, 0800 032 0845.