Cromwell Community College and Chatteris business team up to provide career opportunities for students
- Credit: Archant
A college has teamed up with a Fenland business to launch a programme which will provide career opportunities to its students.
A partnership has been launched between Cromwell Community College in Chatteris and global company MM UK and MM Flowers, who grow and distribute fresh produce, flowers, juices and ice cream.
The launch included a series of assemblies to inform pupils about the work of MM UK and MM Flowers.
The two organisations, as part of the college’s Business Class programme, will work together to provide work experience interviews, set up assessment days and establish technology challenge days.
Key Stage 3 pupils were asked to design a logo to represent the partnership, with the winning logo used on all official paperwork.
You may also want to watch:
A Cromwell Community College spokesman said: “We are delighted by the link and are looking forward to learning from the business expertise that exists in MM UK and MM Flowers.
“We hope that the company will also be able to learn something from us.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
Andrew West, of MM UK and MM Flowers, said: “We’re really looking forward to developing our partnership with Cromwell and can already see tangible benefits for both Cromwell and MM.
“As we develop our collaboration in the future, I am confident that the school will become an integral partner to our Chatteris business.”