Cromwell Community College holds bake off
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff at a Fenland college copied the hit BBC TV show and took part in a bake off.
Nine Year 8 pupils and nine teachers at Cromwell Community College, Chatteris, were given an hour to bake a cake, decorate it and tidy up after themselves.
Their creations were judged by international award winning Chatteris based cake designer Heather Bicknell, whose daughter goes to the college.
In the pupil section, the winner was Sophie Faunch’s snowman cake, with the runners-up spot going to Maggie Powell’s stained glass biscuits.
Science teacher Paul Ward won the staff category and was named overall champion for his Parmesan baked parsnips.
You may also want to watch:
He saw off competition from Jackie Harding, who baked a Rudolph cake, and Moji Opaleye, who created an apple and cinnamon cake.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government