Cromwell Community College holds open days for future pupils
- Credit: Archant
Cromwell Community College is holding a range of open days and tours for the public to see how the centre offers outstanding education opportunities to its pupils.
In a recent Ofsted report the college was described as a Good school where pupils made “faster progress than their peers nationally.”
The school said it was “delighted with the judgement” and added they saw it as “a stepping stone to becoming Outstanding.”
Jed Roberts, college principal, said: “We are ambitious for our pupils and their achievement is at the heart of everything we do as we strive to recognise, nurture and reward that achievement in all its many diverse forms.
“We are as proud of our cultural, social and sporting achievements as we are of our good and outstanding academic performance at both GCSE and A Level. “The Cromwell students who represent this County in their chosen sports give us as much to celebrate as the growing numbers of pupils going to Oxford and Cambridge University do.
You may also want to watch:
“The success we achieve is only possible because of the strong relationships that exist between parents, pupils and a highly committed, caring, professional school team.
“Enhancing our strong position still further I am delighted to be able to say that the two year building project is now complete giving the students facilities designed and fit for the 21st Century.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail
“I would urge you to come and see for yourself just what we have to offer. At Cromwell your child will succeed.”
A new buildings open day takes place on Saturday October 10.
College tours for parents of children in year 6 take place on Wednesday 2 and 9 from 9-noon.
On Thursday October 24 there is a year 5/6 open evening.