Cromwell Community College holds open days for future pupils
- Credit: Archant
Cromwell Community College is holding a range of open days and tours for the public to see how the centre offers outstanding education opportunities to its pupils.
In a recent Ofsted report the college was described as a Good school where pupils made “faster progress than their peers nationally.”
The school said it was “delighted with the judgement” and added they saw it as “a stepping stone to becoming Outstanding.”
Jed Roberts, college principal, said: “We are ambitious for our pupils and their achievement is at the heart of everything we do as we strive to recognise, nurture and reward that achievement in all its many diverse forms.
“We are as proud of our cultural, social and sporting achievements as we are of our good and outstanding academic performance at both GCSE and A Level. “The Cromwell students who represent this County in their chosen sports give us as much to celebrate as the growing numbers of pupils going to Oxford and Cambridge University do.
You may also want to watch:
“The success we achieve is only possible because of the strong relationships that exist between parents, pupils and a highly committed, caring, professional school team.
“Enhancing our strong position still further I am delighted to be able to say that the two year building project is now complete giving the students facilities designed and fit for the 21st Century.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
“I would urge you to come and see for yourself just what we have to offer. At Cromwell your child will succeed.”
A new buildings open day takes place on Saturday October 10.
College tours for parents of children in year 6 take place on Wednesday 2 and 9 from 9-noon.
On Thursday October 24 there is a year 5/6 open evening.