Cromwell Community College pupils excel in national maths competition
- Credit: Archant
Twenty one pupils won certificates in a national maths competition which tested their problem solving skills against the clock.
The Cromwell Community College pupils were given one hour to solve 25 difficult maths problems.
They certainly rose to the challenge - nine pupils won silver certificates while 12 picked up bronzes in the Intermediate UK Maths Challenge.
The school’s best performer was year 9 pupil and silver certificate winner Owen Frear, who also sat the Grey Kangaroo European Maths Challenge.
Jamie Johnson got the best year 11 score while Charlotte Bamford was top of the pile in year 10.
Full results - Silver: Owen Frear, Jamie Baker, Emma Johnson, Charlotte Bamford, Tara Herbert, Ben O’Rourke, Lucy Saunders, Megan Hawes, Chloe Davies.
Bronze: Joshua Doncaster, Holly Davies, Amber Davies, Nathan Butler, Rebecca Holt, Rhiannon Stevenson, Shannon Wilson, Katherine Quinn, Isaac Rowlands, Joshua Birchnall, Teri Parsonage, Ryan Pedley.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 5 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 9 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told