Cromwell Community College pupils excel in national maths competition
- Credit: Archant
Twenty one pupils won certificates in a national maths competition which tested their problem solving skills against the clock.
The Cromwell Community College pupils were given one hour to solve 25 difficult maths problems.
They certainly rose to the challenge - nine pupils won silver certificates while 12 picked up bronzes in the Intermediate UK Maths Challenge.
The school’s best performer was year 9 pupil and silver certificate winner Owen Frear, who also sat the Grey Kangaroo European Maths Challenge.
Jamie Johnson got the best year 11 score while Charlotte Bamford was top of the pile in year 10.
You may also want to watch:
Full results - Silver: Owen Frear, Jamie Baker, Emma Johnson, Charlotte Bamford, Tara Herbert, Ben O’Rourke, Lucy Saunders, Megan Hawes, Chloe Davies.
Bronze: Joshua Doncaster, Holly Davies, Amber Davies, Nathan Butler, Rebecca Holt, Rhiannon Stevenson, Shannon Wilson, Katherine Quinn, Isaac Rowlands, Joshua Birchnall, Teri Parsonage, Ryan Pedley.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour