Cromwell Community College students awarded Nandos gift cards for achieving 100 per cent attendance
- Credit: Archant
Two students at Cromwell Community College in Chatteris were awarded for achieving 100 per cent attendance throughout the summer term.
Emma Fovague, Year 9, and Ruari Cox, Year 10, were each presented with a £25 gift voucher for Nandos restaurant for winning Vision for Education’s attendance prize draw.
Louise Butterworth, senior recruitment consultant, at Vision for Education’s Peterborough branch, said: “We are committed to helping schools improve and promote good attendance, as going to school every day and arriving on time is one of the most important things students can do to achieve academic success.”
Education recruitment agency Vision for Education sponsor the attendance competition at Cromwell each term.
It comes after students raised more than £1,000 for charity by taking part in Jeans for Genes day.
You may also want to watch:
Lou Allen, health and social care teacher, organised for Cromwell to take part on Friday September 22.
A spokesman said: “We managed to raise £1.059.60. The pupils all enjoyed taking part and dressing down on Friday to raise money for the charity.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
On Friday (September 29) beauty students held a coffee morning to raise money for Cancer Research.