Cromwell Community College students celebrate ‘record-breaking’ GCSE results
- Credit: Archant
Students at Cromwell Community College are celebrating a record-breaking year of GCSE results with 65 per cent of pupils achieving at least five A* to C grades including maths and English.
Compared to 57 per cent last year, it shows a 14 per cent increase with many pupils achieving the highest grades, with the top 10 performers gaining 80 A*-A grades between them.
Rhian Young achieved nine A*s, one A and a level two distinction whilst Teri Parsonage achieved six A*s, four As and a level two merit.
Jane Horn said: “The results are thoroughly deserved.
“Everyone worked very hard this year and it’s fantastic to see the rewards.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also expecting a record number of entrants into Cromwell Sixth form with over 100 applications for the first time.”
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’