Cromwell Community College students enjoy New York adventure
- Credit: Archant
A LARGE group of Chatteris college students have just returned from a transatlantic trip of a lifetime.
Earlier this month, 85 pupils and 11 members of staff from Cromwell Community College departed for a four day trip to New York.
Over the four days they visited New York’s iconic monuments. They experienced views from the top of Empire State Building, walked across Brooklyn Bridge, strolled around Central Park and enjoyed a three hour boat cruise around Manhattan.
They indulged in a spot of retail therapy and ate at Time Square’s two landmark restaurants, Bubber Gump Shrimp Co and Hard Rock Café.
The students went on a day trip to Washington DC to see the White House, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam memorial and visit the Smithsonian Museum.
You may also want to watch:
The trip was organised by English teacher Mrs Chapman, sports teacher Mr Chapman and Mrs Fox, senior finance officer.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire