Cromwell History Society create time capsule to be opened in 2067
- Credit: Archant
Students at Cromwell Community College have created a time capsule that is to be opened in 2067.
The school’s history club – Cromwell Historical Society - put the capsule together.
The time capsule contains coins, a watch, photographs, posters and personal messages from students.
It was buried in the school grounds and a plaque marks its position.
History teacher Andrew Knowles led the project.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the society said: “Oh what fun the Cromwell Historical Society had, burying their time capsule.
“We hope it stays undisturbed for many years.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
The Cromwell Historical Society is a lunchtime club at Cromwell Community College.
The club takes part in many activities such as making paper models, creating masks and playing mini educational games.
The next project is recreating ancient roman artefacts such as spears and javelins.