Crowds toast opening of new moorings in West End Park, March
CROWDS gathered to toast the opening of new moorings in March’s West End Park this morning as part of an investment of more than �20,000.
Mayor of March Bernard Keane cut the ribbon before raising a glass with Councillor Chris Seaton, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder for the economy and tourism.
The new moorings were installed as part of a March Area Regeneration and Development Trust (MARDT) project, funded by grants from Awards for All, Fenland District Council and Cambridgeshire ACRE.
Cllr Keane said: “It’s now a brilliant mooring. It’s absolutely lovely and I’m sure it will be extremely well used.
“I’m thrilled to bits. It was a fantastic morning with big crowds.”
Leader of Fenland District Council Alan Melton and staff from the Middle Level Commissioners also gathered along the Old River Nene for the opening ceremony.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'