Crowds toast opening of new moorings in West End Park, March
CROWDS gathered to toast the opening of new moorings in March’s West End Park this morning as part of an investment of more than �20,000.
Mayor of March Bernard Keane cut the ribbon before raising a glass with Councillor Chris Seaton, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder for the economy and tourism.
The new moorings were installed as part of a March Area Regeneration and Development Trust (MARDT) project, funded by grants from Awards for All, Fenland District Council and Cambridgeshire ACRE.
Cllr Keane said: “It’s now a brilliant mooring. It’s absolutely lovely and I’m sure it will be extremely well used.
“I’m thrilled to bits. It was a fantastic morning with big crowds.”
You may also want to watch:
Leader of Fenland District Council Alan Melton and staff from the Middle Level Commissioners also gathered along the Old River Nene for the opening ceremony.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits