Lithuanian man living in Fenland village to stand trial on sex offences involving teenagers and another case of assaulting a woman
- Credit: Archant
A Lithuanian man living in a Fenland village is facing trial at Peterborough Crown Court later this month to answer sexual offence charges, both involving teenagers.
Magistrates at Peterborough heard details of the alleged offences when Jonas Jonaitis of Wimblington Road, Doddington, appeared before them.
The first allegation is that Jonaitis, 62, attempted to cause or incite a boy, aged 14, to commit a sexual act.
The second allegation involves another man, aged 16 or over, to engage in non-consensual sexual activity.
Thirdly Jonaitis is charged with assaulting a woman.
You may also want to watch:
He has been ordered to live and sleep each night at his home address and to ensure he is available should police conduct a check.
He has also been ordered to surrender his passport temporarily and National ID card.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
A number of other conditions were applied involving places he must avoid and limits on contact with anyone under the age of 18.
Jonaitis has denied all three charges against him.