Cups and cash for Christmas window winners
TWO March businesses that created festive and eye catching window displays have been rewarded for their efforts, by being declared winners of the March Town Council’s Christmas window competition.
High Street florists White September took the honours in the large window category, while The Barbers Shop in Station Road won the prize for being the best small festive window.
Both shops were presented with a �50 cheque and a cup by the Mayor of March, Councillor Jan French, who said: “I would like to congratulate the winners, and thank all businesses who made our town look so festive.”
At The Flower Basket, manageress Linda Hunns said: “We were thrilled to be the winners. We have just had a revamp of the shop, that was formerly called the Flower Basket.
“We have gone for a vintage look, and so decorated the window for Christmas with that in mind, with traditional toys and parcels.”
You may also want to watch:
Stylists Trudy North and Kayleigh Pepper from The Barber Shop hand made most of the decorations in their window, from a super sized Christmas cake complete with knife and decorations, to some Christmas crackers.
Trudy said: “We try to make everything ourselves, to make it a really unique window display. The cup will now have pride of place in the window, for everyone to see.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Councillor Bernard Keane, chairman of the council’s Christmas lights committee, said: “These two window displays really stood out as winners, a lot of work went into them both.”pp