Cycle team gear up for 240 mile charity ride
CYCLE-MAD staff at a Wisbech car dealership hit the road on a three-day, 240 mile charity bike ride today (Friday) to raise money for Help for Heroes and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
Staff members from Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall will embark on the expedition through Norfolk and Suffolk.
They will stop for a breather at ten different car dealerships on the way including branches in Great Yarmouth, Holt and King’s Lynn, with the finish line in Norwich on Sunday 23.
Simon Bottomley, Chairman and Group Managing Director and driving force behind the event, said: “We’re all getting ready for our three-day cycle ride with some serious training and a great deal of encouragement from friends and colleagues.
“I would like to say a big thank you to all those who have supported us so far and are helping us to raise money for two fantastic causes.”
If you would like to show your support for the Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall cycle team you can visit: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/ThurlowNunnCharityCycleRide to make your donation.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 10 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push