Cycle team gear up for 240 mile charity ride
CYCLE-MAD staff at a Wisbech car dealership hit the road on a three-day, 240 mile charity bike ride today (Friday) to raise money for Help for Heroes and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
Staff members from Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall will embark on the expedition through Norfolk and Suffolk.
They will stop for a breather at ten different car dealerships on the way including branches in Great Yarmouth, Holt and King’s Lynn, with the finish line in Norwich on Sunday 23.
Simon Bottomley, Chairman and Group Managing Director and driving force behind the event, said: “We’re all getting ready for our three-day cycle ride with some serious training and a great deal of encouragement from friends and colleagues.
“I would like to say a big thank you to all those who have supported us so far and are helping us to raise money for two fantastic causes.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to show your support for the Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall cycle team you can visit: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/ThurlowNunnCharityCycleRide to make your donation.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public