Cycling, cake and charity for women of Chatteris Cycle Club in their first ever ‘Pink Ribbon Ride’
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Cycling Club women members held their first ‘Pink Ribbon Ride’ cycling event on Sunday.
The 10-mile event was organised by Louise Smith, Anita Matthews, Gemma Waters and Rachel Davies and to mark the 25th anniversary of Breast Cancer Care’ pink ribbon campaign.
The ride was open to all abilities and cycle styles and also aimed to showcase what the club has to offer women cyclists.
Louise Smith said: “Today’s event has been fantastic, the support has been phenomenal and most importantly the ladies have had a brilliant time.”
The ride started and ended at The Sportsman in Chatteris where cake and tea was served. So far the club has raised £175 for the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Louise added: “We have received such positive feedback we will definitely hold the event next year.”
To find out more on Chatteris Cycling Club visit: www.chatteriscyclingub.com
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'