Cyclist, 69, dies after collision with car at Long Sutton
A FENLAND man has died after a collision between a car and a cyclist in Long Sutton yesterday.
The 69-year-old cylist, from Sutton Bridge, was taken to hospital in King’s Lynn after the accident, which happened on Bridge Road at around 10.50am. He later died from his injuries.
The 39-year-old driver of the car - a Vauxhall Frontera - was not reported to be injured.
Police want to speak to anyone who was in the area and saw either the Vauxhall or the cyclist before the collision or the collision itself. Contact them on the Collision Witness Hotline on 01522 558855.
The incident was the 31st fatality on Lincolnlshire’s roads so far this year compared with 28 at the same time last year. In 2010, the full year total was 44.
Police said they would confirm the name of the victim once they were satisfied that all relatives had been informed.
- 1 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 2 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 8 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 Missing woman back home