Cyclist, 69, dies after collision with car at Long Sutton
A FENLAND man has died after a collision between a car and a cyclist in Long Sutton yesterday.
The 69-year-old cylist, from Sutton Bridge, was taken to hospital in King’s Lynn after the accident, which happened on Bridge Road at around 10.50am. He later died from his injuries.
The 39-year-old driver of the car - a Vauxhall Frontera - was not reported to be injured.
Police want to speak to anyone who was in the area and saw either the Vauxhall or the cyclist before the collision or the collision itself. Contact them on the Collision Witness Hotline on 01522 558855.
The incident was the 31st fatality on Lincolnlshire’s roads so far this year compared with 28 at the same time last year. In 2010, the full year total was 44.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they would confirm the name of the victim once they were satisfied that all relatives had been informed.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder