Cyclists caught riding on March’s pavements to face £30 fines in police crackdown
- Credit: Archant
CYCLISTS caught riding on the pavement in March are being hit with on-the-spot fines.
Police launched the crackdown this week after concerns were raised by residents.
Officers have warned cyclists that they will receive a £30 fixed penalty notice if they are caught riding on the footpaths.
PCSO Sally Mitchell said: “We’ve had a number of complaints about cyclists riding along the pavements and nearly knocking over pedestrians.
“We will be out and about taking a robust approach and issuing fines to those caught.
You may also want to watch:
“There are designated cycle paths in March so there is no excuse to cycle on a footpath.
“We don’t want to discourage people from using their bikes but they should stick to designated cycle routes and think of others.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens