Cyclists in Wisbech are a menace for us joggers
MYSELF and my partner have recently taken up jogging. I don’t think we yet go fast enough to call it running, but we have found to our peril that a lot of the cyclists around Wisbech are a menace.
We go out three to four times a week covering a distance at the moment totalling around 20 miles over the week.
A few days ago we were coming up to Wisbech Park and out from a gateway came a cyclist at a hefty pace with a large young man on it who didn’t have any intention of looking for people walking. Fortunately no-one was hurt.
On another occasion we were jogging towards the A47 past Pets at Home when a cyclist was coming towards us.
My partner and I got into single file but the cyclist was using the whole of the path eventually causing us to deviate onto the road.
You may also want to watch:
As we were forced off the pavement a police car that was patrolling with an officer looking cool in his sunglasses cruised past and completely ignored the situation.
I for one am fed up of the footpath being made a dangerous place by irrisponsible cyclists and would like to see police issuing fines.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’