Cyclists invited to have their bikes postcode marked for free
- Credit: Archant
Cyclists in March are being invited to get their bikes postcode-marked for free.
The crime prevention event will take place on Saturday at Sainsbury’s, Mill View.
Between 3pm and 6pm, residents will be able to speak to local PCSOs about all things relating to bicycle security.
Officers will post code bikes for free and explain how they can be registered on Immobilise, an online property database.
PCSO Rachael Cheverton said: “This is a great opportunity for peopleto get their bike postcode-marked and to learn a bit more about how they can deter thieves and keep their bike secure at all times.
You may also want to watch:
“Neighbourhood Watch representatives will also join us to promote the scheme in March.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend