Cyril and Betty raise a glass to celebrate their 95th birthday on the same day
- Credit: Archant
Two residents of a care home celebrated their 95th birthdays on the same day.
Cyril Beck and Betty Tompsett enjoyed a glass of wine and celebrated with friends and staff at The Hermitage rest home in Whittlesey.
Judy Wilson, manager, said: “This is significant and the first time I can remember having birthdays of anyone actually born on the same day. We have had same day birthdays but not same year birthdays.”
Cyril Beck was born on February 20 in 1921 in Eston, a small village in Middlesbrough, Yorkshire.
He moved to Whittlesey about 70 years ago and made his home at The Hermitage in March 2010 where he has enjoyed the company of other residents and the care from staff.
You may also want to watch:
Betty Tompsett was born in Elton near Peterborough on the same day in 1921 and lived there until she was 16 moving to Northampton to take up hairdressing. During WW2 she worked in the NAAFI.
She moved back to Peterborough after the war and remained in the city until she moved to The Hermitage in October 2015.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused