Dad threatened with crowbar by burglars
- Credit: Archant
A man holding his baby daughter was threatened with a crowbar by burglars at his home in Soham.
The incident happened at about 6.45pm yesterday (December 11) in Sand Street when the victim heard noises coming from his garage outside.
He went to investigate holding his one-year-old daughter, and found two men in balaclavas in the garage.
He challenged them, and they made off empty-handed after dropping a hedge trimmer and threatening him with the crowbar.
They got into a silver Ford Mondeo which was later found burned out near Lakenheath.
The man and his daughter were not injured but the man was shaken by what happened.
PC Paul Symonds, investigating, said: “There were people passing by when this incident happened and I would like to speak to them as they could have important information.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 9 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
“I would also like to speak to anyone who saw the Mondeo leaving the Soham area.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Symonds on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.