Dad threatened with crowbar by burglars
- Credit: Archant
A man holding his baby daughter was threatened with a crowbar by burglars at his home in Soham.
The incident happened at about 6.45pm yesterday (December 11) in Sand Street when the victim heard noises coming from his garage outside.
He went to investigate holding his one-year-old daughter, and found two men in balaclavas in the garage.
He challenged them, and they made off empty-handed after dropping a hedge trimmer and threatening him with the crowbar.
They got into a silver Ford Mondeo which was later found burned out near Lakenheath.
You may also want to watch:
The man and his daughter were not injured but the man was shaken by what happened.
PC Paul Symonds, investigating, said: “There were people passing by when this incident happened and I would like to speak to them as they could have important information.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“I would also like to speak to anyone who saw the Mondeo leaving the Soham area.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Symonds on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.