Car stopped on A47 driving with HUGE ladder sticking out of the boot
- Credit: TWITTER / @FENCOPS
A car was stopped on the A47 last night by police officers after it was spotted driving with a large ladder sticking out of the back.
The Nissan Micra was stopped by officers along the main stretch of road at Thorney Toll as the driver was not following the precaution.
According to the Department for Transport, if your load is more than two metres, but not exceeding 3.05 metres, you must display marker boards.
Cambridgeshire police officers reminded members of the public on social media to always “take the necessary steps to ensure your load is safe”.
One person joked: “He [the driver] could have been a member of the Fenland Mountain rescue team.”
You may also want to watch:
Fen Cops tweeted: “Don’t think this was a good idea, vehicle stopped on the A47 at Thorney Toll. Driver dealt with by officers.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder