‘Dangerous’ sex offender jailed for four years
- Credit: Archant
A “dangerous” sex offender who “is a capable groomer and manipulator of vulnerable people” was jailed for four years for breaching a number of orders.
Aaron Goosey, of Sheepwalk, Paston, Peterborough, was listed on the sex offenders register and subject to a sexual harm prevention order put in place to monitor his behaviour whilst in the community.
Officers had reason to believe the 36-year-old was in breach of the order and a warrant was executed at his home on February 2.
They discovered an iPad containing images of two young children he had taken without permission and a laptop hidden under his mattress.
Goosey was also found to be using Facebook and Twitter under false names.
You may also want to watch:
He was charged with two counts of breaching a sexual harm prevention order and one count of failing to comply with notification requirements of the sex offenders register.
Goosey pleaded guilty to all counts and was sentenced at Peterborough Crown Court on Tuesday.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Detective Sergeant Amerjit Singh said: “Goosey had a prolific history of criminal offences, including possession of indecent images and exposure.
“He is a dangerous sex offender, who is a capable groomer and manipulator of vulnerable people.
“The judge clearly felt that Goosey posed a significant risk to the public and therefore gave a four year sentence.”