Date set for 2013 Shire Horse Society’s Spring Show at East of England Showground
THE date has been set for the Shire Horse Society’s 2013 Spring Show, which will see the largest gathering of Shire Horses in the world at the East of England Showground.
Enthusiasts will travel from across Europe to show their horses at the event and spectators are expected from around the world.
David Ralley-Davies, society secretary, said: “Plans for next year’s event are now in full swing and we are confident it is going to be the biggest and best show yet.
“The Spring Show is a fantastic day out for the whole family providing a great insight into this magnificent breed as well as raising awareness of the Society’s work.”
The show will take place from March 15-17 and see more than 200 shires compete in what is regarded as the national championships.
The prestigious King George V Cup will be awarded to the most impressive stallion and a host of other trophies will be handed out over the weekend.
The event will also feature a host of demonstrations and competitions, vintage tractors and farm machinery displays and the heavy horses farriery competition.
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 3 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 4 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 8 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 9 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 10 Improve your selfies and photographs by joining new group
A Victorian funfair and a variety of trade stands, selling the latest products, will provide entertainment during the interludes while the food hall serves up everything from light refreshments to full-course meals and traditional Sunday roasts.
The Shire Horse Society – which counts the Queen as its patron – is a registered charity that helps raise much needed funds to support the threatened breed.
• To pre-order your discounted tickets call 01733 234551 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm). Tickets are available for pre-order from January 2.
• For more details about the society visit www.shire-horse.org.uk or visit the Spring Show’s dedicated website at www.shirehorseshow.co.uk