Contract awarded for Guyhirn roundabout improvements - work to start next year and completion scheduled for 2024
- Credit: Rob Howarth/Stella Pictures Ltd
Work will begin next year on the £16 million upgrade of the Guyhirn roundabout at its junction with the A141.
Highways England revealed the news this week as it announced the signing of contracts worth £435 million with Galliford Try to a number of road upgrades that include the Guyhirn bottleneck.
Also included in the announcement were other A47 improvements that involve three sections upgraded to dual carriageways and the A47/A11 junction at Thickthorn as well as Guyhirn.
In Norfolk, one and a half miles of the A47 between Blofield and North Burlingham and around five and a half miles of the A47 between North Tuddenham to Easton will be dualled.
In Cambridgeshire approximately 1.5 miles of the A47 between Wansford and Sutton will be upgraded to dual carriageway as part of the A47 improvement programme.
You may also want to watch:
Subject to planning consent, the programme is scheduled to be completed in 2024.
Peter Mumford, Highways England major projects executive director, said: "I am absolutely delighted to announce the signing of these latest contracts as part of the Regional Delivery Partnerships."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March