Contract awarded for Guyhirn roundabout improvements - work to start next year and completion scheduled for 2024
- Credit: Rob Howarth/Stella Pictures Ltd
Work will begin next year on the £16 million upgrade of the Guyhirn roundabout at its junction with the A141.
Highways England revealed the news this week as it announced the signing of contracts worth £435 million with Galliford Try to a number of road upgrades that include the Guyhirn bottleneck.
Also included in the announcement were other A47 improvements that involve three sections upgraded to dual carriageways and the A47/A11 junction at Thickthorn as well as Guyhirn.
In Norfolk, one and a half miles of the A47 between Blofield and North Burlingham and around five and a half miles of the A47 between North Tuddenham to Easton will be dualled.
In Cambridgeshire approximately 1.5 miles of the A47 between Wansford and Sutton will be upgraded to dual carriageway as part of the A47 improvement programme.
You may also want to watch:
Subject to planning consent, the programme is scheduled to be completed in 2024.
Peter Mumford, Highways England major projects executive director, said: "I am absolutely delighted to announce the signing of these latest contracts as part of the Regional Delivery Partnerships."
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating