Dave ‘Boy’ Green hopes Magpas Air Ambulance’s Orange Day will pack a fundraising punch
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxing legend Dave ‘Boy’ Green has lent his support to Magpas Air Ambulance’s annual Orange Day.
The former welterweight world champion is wearing orange in support of the life-saving charity’s day which is encouraging the public to don bright colours and donate £1 on May 19.
He said: “It is an incredible charity that saves lives 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
“I am very proud to be associated with the charity. Please give generously this Orange day –your donation will save lives.”
So far Orange Day has seen schools and businesses raise money with ideas including sports tournaments, charity gigs and car pushes.
You may also want to watch:
A Magpas spokesman said: “You can show your support for your local life-savers this Orange Day too.
“Wear some orange clothing or don some orange face paint for a day, get sponsored to have a baked bean bath or bake tangerine cupcakes and host a coffee morning with your friends.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash