Dave pounds the miles to raise pounds for Doddington Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A hospital volunteer has raised £600 thanks to a half marathon walk.
Dave Farrow organised the 13 mile walk himself and took in a circuit from the hospital to March railway station and back to raise money for the Friends of Doddington Hospital.
The 67 year old he crossed the finishing line where friends from the hospital, which is provided by Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust, were waiting to congratulate him on his 3hrs and 17 minutes walk.
Dave, who is also the treasurer for the Friends group, said: “The Friends have recently talked about raising money to purchase some medical equipment and I decided to see if I could help in some way.
“Luckily for me the weather was nice for my walk, but I did find it a bit tiring towards the end and I was very pleased to see the finish line.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank all my friends, family and neighbours and volunteers from the hospital who sponsored me.”
Carla Stevens, head of admin and PA at the hospital, said: “It was a tremendous achievement by Dave. The proceeds will go towards purchasing much needed equipment to benefit patients visiting the hospital.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
“Doddington Hospital is very lucky to be supported by such a dedicated group of Friends, that work tirelessly to raise money and keep the Hospital’s profile raised in Fenland.”