De-coupled trailer “missed us and the car behind by centimetres” says Cambs Times reader after A47 drama
- Credit: Archant
A Cambs Times reader tonight recounted the dramatic moment a trailer full of onions de-coupled from its lorry in front of her.
“This missed us and the car behind by centimetres,” said Hannah Tuck. “Our lives flashed before eyes!”
She added: “This could have been so much worse. Someone was watching over us today.”
She was commenting on our story posted earlier in the day after the A47 was partially blocked after the lorry shed its load near the Cromwell Road roundabout in Wisbech.
Photographer Andrew Warren was on the scene as recovery got under way and noted that “two police officers – and a break down truck- had the task of removing the farm trailer that had un-coupled from the lorry as it entered the Peterborough part of a47 near Cromwell road roundabout.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the road fully re-opened by 2pm and it seemed “the container had drifted across the opposite carriageway before coming to rest on a green road sign.
“Luckily no one was injured.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital