Deadline looms for best decorated Christmas house in March - we’ll be judging it on Monday evening so still time to enter
- Credit: Archant
Time is running out to enter the Cambs Times ‘best dressed Christmas house’ competition for the people of March.
Deadline to enter YOUR house – or to nominate one in your street- is noon on Monday ready for the judging later that day.
Councillor Robert Skoulding, the deputy mayor of March, has donated a special trophy for the house which creates the most Christmas cheer.
So how will we select the winner? On Monday evening Cllr Skoulding will be among a panel of judges – that include a group of local residents from a care home- for a tour of March streets. They will help to select the overall winner.
Councillor Skoulding said: “The cup is for the best decorated home in March and will hopefully encourage people to really bring some festive cheer to the town this year.
You may also want to watch:
“People can nominate themselves, or a neighbour, or they can even nominate a house they happen to have driven past.”
Anyone can nominate by emailing the Cambs Times editor firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping nominations to March Town Council offices on the market place next to Panini’s coffee shop.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend