Death cafe is coming to Wisbech for the second time
- Credit: Archant
A cafe where people can meet to talk about making the most of their lives and how to cope with the subject of death is coming to Wisbech again.
The second Death Cafe will be upstairs at Loafers Cafe in Market Square, Wisbech, on Thursday September 7 from 6.45pm to 9pm.
It is free, but organisers say arrive early to buy any food or drink before the introduction at 7pm.
The doors will close at 7.05pm so that potentially sensitive discussion is not interrupted.
A spokesman said: “At a Death Cafe people, often strangers, gather to eat cake, drink tea and discuss death.
You may also want to watch:
“Our objective is to increase awareness of death with a view to helping people make the most of their (finite) lives.
“A Death Cafe is a group directed discussion of death with no agenda, objectives or themes. It is a discussion group rather than a grief support or counselling session.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
The cafe event is ran on a not for profit basis, in a respectful and confidential space with no intention of leading people to any conclusion, product or course of action
• All welcome. Contact email@example.com to book as it helps organisers to gauge numbers.