Death cafe is coming to Wisbech for the second time
- Credit: Archant
A cafe where people can meet to talk about making the most of their lives and how to cope with the subject of death is coming to Wisbech again.
The second Death Cafe will be upstairs at Loafers Cafe in Market Square, Wisbech, on Thursday September 7 from 6.45pm to 9pm.
It is free, but organisers say arrive early to buy any food or drink before the introduction at 7pm.
The doors will close at 7.05pm so that potentially sensitive discussion is not interrupted.
A spokesman said: “At a Death Cafe people, often strangers, gather to eat cake, drink tea and discuss death.
“Our objective is to increase awareness of death with a view to helping people make the most of their (finite) lives.
“A Death Cafe is a group directed discussion of death with no agenda, objectives or themes. It is a discussion group rather than a grief support or counselling session.”
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
The cafe event is ran on a not for profit basis, in a respectful and confidential space with no intention of leading people to any conclusion, product or course of action
• All welcome. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book as it helps organisers to gauge numbers.