NOW that schools in Cambridgeshire have broken up for summer, we at the Legal Services Commission are warning parents to beware of getting into debt over the holiday period. Recent figures released show that parents in Britain pay the highest childcare co
NOW that schools in Cambridgeshire have broken up for summer, we at the Legal Services Commission are warning parents to beware of getting into debt over the holiday period.
Recent figures released show that parents in Britain pay the highest childcare cost in Europe.
On average, parents in Cambridgeshire will pay about £77 per child per week for a full time holiday play scheme over the holiday period. That makes a staggering £462 per child over the six weeks school holiday.
School holidays can be a stressful time for parents, especially if you are faced with large childcare bills. If any parents find they have overspent and are worried about making bill repayments the first step is to seek advice early to avoid disconnection of utilities or in some instances eviction.
You may also want to watch:
The Legal Services Commission funds a number of high-quality advice providers in and around Cambridgeshire, using our budget to target the people who need legal advice most. By working with quality-assured partners who deliver advice and ensure people get the help they need.
People who know and can act on their rights play a fuller role in society. We help vulnerable people, and our work is fundamental to social and legal justice.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
Parents who are worried about debt are encouraged to contact CLS Direct on 0845 345 4345 or www.clsdirect.org.uk to find their local advice provider.
The website provides a free debt diagnosis tool and step-by-step guide to accessing civil legal aid to help people get information and advice before a problem becomes a crisis.
Legal Services Commission