NOW that schools in Cambridgeshire have broken up for summer, we at the Legal Services Commission are warning parents to beware of getting into debt over the holiday period. Recent figures released show that parents in Britain pay the highest childcare co
NOW that schools in Cambridgeshire have broken up for summer, we at the Legal Services Commission are warning parents to beware of getting into debt over the holiday period.
Recent figures released show that parents in Britain pay the highest childcare cost in Europe.
On average, parents in Cambridgeshire will pay about £77 per child per week for a full time holiday play scheme over the holiday period. That makes a staggering £462 per child over the six weeks school holiday.
School holidays can be a stressful time for parents, especially if you are faced with large childcare bills. If any parents find they have overspent and are worried about making bill repayments the first step is to seek advice early to avoid disconnection of utilities or in some instances eviction.
The Legal Services Commission funds a number of high-quality advice providers in and around Cambridgeshire, using our budget to target the people who need legal advice most. By working with quality-assured partners who deliver advice and ensure people get the help they need.
People who know and can act on their rights play a fuller role in society. We help vulnerable people, and our work is fundamental to social and legal justice.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 9 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 10 Woman in court over town pub burglary
Parents who are worried about debt are encouraged to contact CLS Direct on 0845 345 4345 or www.clsdirect.org.uk to find their local advice provider.
The website provides a free debt diagnosis tool and step-by-step guide to accessing civil legal aid to help people get information and advice before a problem becomes a crisis.
Legal Services Commission