NOW that schools in Cambridgeshire have broken up for summer, we at the Legal Services Commission are warning parents to beware of getting into debt over the holiday period. Recent figures released show that parents in Britain pay the highest childcare co
NOW that schools in Cambridgeshire have broken up for summer, we at the Legal Services Commission are warning parents to beware of getting into debt over the holiday period.
Recent figures released show that parents in Britain pay the highest childcare cost in Europe.
On average, parents in Cambridgeshire will pay about £77 per child per week for a full time holiday play scheme over the holiday period. That makes a staggering £462 per child over the six weeks school holiday.
School holidays can be a stressful time for parents, especially if you are faced with large childcare bills. If any parents find they have overspent and are worried about making bill repayments the first step is to seek advice early to avoid disconnection of utilities or in some instances eviction.
You may also want to watch:
The Legal Services Commission funds a number of high-quality advice providers in and around Cambridgeshire, using our budget to target the people who need legal advice most. By working with quality-assured partners who deliver advice and ensure people get the help they need.
People who know and can act on their rights play a fuller role in society. We help vulnerable people, and our work is fundamental to social and legal justice.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public
Parents who are worried about debt are encouraged to contact CLS Direct on 0845 345 4345 or www.clsdirect.org.uk to find their local advice provider.
The website provides a free debt diagnosis tool and step-by-step guide to accessing civil legal aid to help people get information and advice before a problem becomes a crisis.
Legal Services Commission