Decision delayed over controversial Mepal motocross circuit plans
- Credit: Archant
A decision on whether to approve controversial plans to expand a motocross circuit has been pushed back almost three months.
Owners F-15 MX want to develop Block Fen Drove, Mepal, so they can host motocross racing 114 days a year.
They want to build a motor cycle sport facility that will cater for motocross racing and the recreational motor cycle riding.
Metal storage containers, portable toilet facilities, trackside marshalling boxes, litter bins, a waste skip, track fencing, posts, safety railings and spectator fencing would be installed.
F-15 MX have permission to run events at the track for 14 days a year.
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the application, which was sent in on October 8, was scheduled for February 14, but it has been pushed back to May 7.
Fenland District Council’s head of planning Graham Nourse said: “Whilst every endeavour has been made to reach a decision on your application within the statutory time unfortunately this will not be possible.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
“The reasons why your applications has not yet been decided is because of outstanding issues relating to site plans and details, highways, noise pollution control and other environmental impacts which you are aware of and have advised you are working towards resolving.”
The application is opposed by Mepal Parish council, who held a special council meeting to discuss it on December 2.
Their report said: “We strongly object to the application on the grounds that the noise levels are unacceptable and that regeneration would improve tourism to the area and encourage wildlife back into the area currently used as a motocross site.”