Defibrillator number thirty for March as latest is installed at the town’s community centre.
- Credit: Archant
March now has 30 life-saving defibrillators following the installation of the latest one at the town’s Community Centre in Station Road.
Councillor Rob Skoulding, the campaign coordinator, handed over the machine to Francis Pepper representing the March community centre ready for local electrician Darren Biggs to install it free of charge.
It is intended for use by any member of the Public.
Cllr Skoulding said: “This is the 30th to be installed but sadly there are still gaps in the coverage, the Gaul Road and south of Estover Road areas are priorities, as funds become available.
“The cost of each defibrillator is in the region of £1000, plus training.”
You may also want to watch:
Shoppers at Tesco in March can win the campaign further funding by voting with their ‘blue coins’ handed out at the tills as the campaign is one of the good causes.
Cllr Skoulding also praised the town’s Rotary Club for its support of the campaign.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens