Learn how to use life saving equipment with a training session in March.
- Credit: Archant
Learn to save a life with special training coming to March.
The evening is to show people how to use one of 33 defibrillators located around town. in the training session on Monday October 23 at 7.30pm at March Community Centre.
Spaces must be booked in advance as there is limited availability. Call 01354-750384.
The defibrillator campaign was started by Councillor Rob Skoulding around two years ago and in that time he has arranged for life saving equipment to be installed across the town.
Sites include the large Tesco store, the GER club, the cricket club, Fox’s boat yard and Marwick Road.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Skoulding said: “Our next step is to keep a couple of pieces of equipment back so that if anybody is waiting for a heart bypass and wants to borrow one to give the peace of mind until their operation then they can have it.
“The aim is to reduce worry for people and their families.”
- 1 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
Gaps in coverage fall within the Gaul Road and south of Estover Road area which have been highlighted as priorities once funds become available, he added.