Learn how to use life saving equipment with a training session in March.
- Credit: Archant
Learn to save a life with special training coming to March.
The evening is to show people how to use one of 33 defibrillators located around town. in the training session on Monday October 23 at 7.30pm at March Community Centre.
Spaces must be booked in advance as there is limited availability. Call 01354-750384.
The defibrillator campaign was started by Councillor Rob Skoulding around two years ago and in that time he has arranged for life saving equipment to be installed across the town.
Sites include the large Tesco store, the GER club, the cricket club, Fox’s boat yard and Marwick Road.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Skoulding said: “Our next step is to keep a couple of pieces of equipment back so that if anybody is waiting for a heart bypass and wants to borrow one to give the peace of mind until their operation then they can have it.
“The aim is to reduce worry for people and their families.”
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 7 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 8 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 9 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
Gaps in coverage fall within the Gaul Road and south of Estover Road area which have been highlighted as priorities once funds become available, he added.