Defibrillators For All named as finalist at St John Ambulance Everyday Heroes awards
- Credit: Archant
A Whittlesey charity has been named as a finalist in the Yours Community First Aid Champion category of the St John Ambulance Everyday Heroes awards.
Defibrillators For All has been nominated for installing 35 of the life-saving devices in the town, as well as delivering awareness training sessions and screening programmes.
The charity is one of four finalists and will discover if they have won the award at a ceremony, hosted by TV presenter and author, Katie Piper, on September 28.
Defibrillators For All founder, Deborah Slater, said: “Reaching the finals gives us a much louder voice. Our hope is that other small towns and villages will see what we have achieved in our small town and realise that they too can make a difference.
“We feel that Whittlesey is the heart-safe capital of the UK. We have no intention of slowing down.
You may also want to watch:
“We also have plans to continue to make heart screening readily available for young people in the town.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire