Defibrillators For All named as finalist at St John Ambulance Everyday Heroes awards
- Credit: Archant
A Whittlesey charity has been named as a finalist in the Yours Community First Aid Champion category of the St John Ambulance Everyday Heroes awards.
Defibrillators For All has been nominated for installing 35 of the life-saving devices in the town, as well as delivering awareness training sessions and screening programmes.
The charity is one of four finalists and will discover if they have won the award at a ceremony, hosted by TV presenter and author, Katie Piper, on September 28.
Defibrillators For All founder, Deborah Slater, said: “Reaching the finals gives us a much louder voice. Our hope is that other small towns and villages will see what we have achieved in our small town and realise that they too can make a difference.
“We feel that Whittlesey is the heart-safe capital of the UK. We have no intention of slowing down.
You may also want to watch:
“We also have plans to continue to make heart screening readily available for young people in the town.”
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 7 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station