‘What a plonker!’ Driver in Terrington is pulled over with Del Trotter licence
- Credit: Archant
A driver from Terrington handed police a driving licence stating he was Del Boy Trotter from BBC comedy Only Fools and Horses.
Police found the driver had no insurance after pulling the car over on the A47 yesterday.
The only licence the driver had was in the name of Del Trotter.
It stated the Renault Megane motorist was only qualified to drive a three-wheeler.
Officers reported the driver to court and also seized the car.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk and Suffolk police dog unit officers stopped the car and tweeted about the incident, throwing in a couple of puns made famous by the loveable rogue on the show.
They posted: “#BonnetDeDouche everybody, not even this #Plonkers fake driving licence could stop their car being seized. Driver reported No DL & No Ins #A47 Terrington. #PotPourri #68”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The BBC reported that police said the licence had ‘not been intended to fool them into believing the motorist was Del Trotter’, and that the incident ‘made them laugh’.