Delamore Young Plants opens new cash and carry at Wisbech St Mary
- Credit: Archant
A NEW cash and carry has been opened by Delamore Young Plants at its base in Wisbech St Mary.
Councillor Vivien MacRae, Mayor of Wisbech, cut the ribbon to officially open the store this week.
She was joined by pupils from Wisbech St Mary Primary School, who have competed in Delamore’s Young Growers network over the last year.
The new cash and carry includes a larger area for hardy nursery stock ranges, more finished lines, higher stock levels and a range of sundries and bulbs.
Georgie Brooks, manager of the cash and carry, said: “Our stock levels are much higher and we’re able to keep stock of many more niche varieties due to the larger floor space.
You may also want to watch:
“We now also have horticultural sundries which include fertilizer, canes and crop covers which we couldn’t offer before due to space constraints.
“We look forward to welcoming customers, both old and new, throughout the course of the year.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend