Firefighters tackled ‘deliberate’ 4am caravan blaze on Dykemoor Drove in Doddington
- Credit: WENDY NOBBS
Firefighters tackled a deliberate blaze for more than an hour this weekend after suspected arsonists set fire to a caravan.
Crews were called out to Dykemoor Drove in Doddington on Saturday, January 12 at around 4.10am to the scene of the fire.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “One crew from Chatteris and one crew from March arrived to find a caravan on fire.
“They extinguished the fire using a hose reel. The cause of the fire was deliberate. Firefighters returned to their stations by 5.20am.”
One man on social media has suggested that someone set fire to the caravan as “scrap yards won’t take caravans”.
You may also want to watch:
Wendy Nobbs – who blames budget cuts for the recent caravan fires – was walking when she snapped the burnt out remains on Dykemoor Drove.
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour