Deliberate van blaze and accidental house fire in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Crews were called to a food van blaze and house fire in Chatteris over the last two days.
On Sunday (October 15) one crew from Chatteris and another from March were called to a fire at a detached house on Lodge Way, Chatteris.
Firefighters arrived at 8.37pm to find a bedroom alight and used breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish the fire.
They used positive pressure ventilation to clear the smoke.
The crews returned to their station by 10.15pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
Then, last night (Monday 16), arsonists set fire to a food van in Chatteris.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 6 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
One crew from Chatteris was called to a fire on Stocking Drove at 9.01pm.
Firefighters arrived to find a van used for mobile catering well alight.
They extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 11.20pm.
The cause of the fire was deliberate. Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.