Delight as Fenland schoolchildren return to play equipment surprise
DELIGHTED children discovered a surprise when they returned for a new year at a Fenland primary school - special play equipment had been delivered over the summer holidays.
Coates Primary School’s playground was given a revamp during the break, with outdoor fitness equipment installed alongside a climbing wall and rope ladder.
Joanne Tomlins, head teacher, said: “The children were amazed when they arrived for their first day back as they had no idea that we’d ordered the new equipment.
“For a long time we’d only had one climbing frame after the old wooden pieces had to be decommissioned as they were getting dangerous.
“The new equipment includes a small climbing wall and rope ladder for the key stage one children and outdoor fitness equipment for the older children.”
You may also want to watch:
The school’s newly-formed Fun for Funds Group donated �1,000 to enable the equipment to be bought.
Bev Sands, chair of the fundraising group, said: “We were so pleased to be able to put to use the money we’ve raised over the past few months.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“The children have been really pleased with the equipment, but now the hard works starts all over again as we raise money for our next project.”