Delighted to read that the Crown Post Office in Wisbech will move to Etcetera
I was pleased to read that the main Post Office services in Wisbech have been saved by moving into Etcetera.
It would have been a tragedy if Post Office services in that part of town were lost.
Large Post Offices are, for the most part, dinosaurs from a past era.
A few years ago I would queue up to buy my car tax disc, fishing licence, TV Licence, passport application form etc.
Now I, like many others, do these by going online or by direct debit. Family Allowance and pensions are paid direct into the bank.
You may also want to watch:
I accept that people, myself occasionally, do still have to use a Post Office physically and that is where the Etcetera plan will fulfil that need, just as any other sub-post office does.
I have no particular reason to support Etcetera, other than to keep a Post Office presence in that part of town.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis