Delighted to see Wisbech Savers credit union launched
I READ with great interest the launching of a credit union for Wisbech.
I am delighted to see this initiative being launched, which will give people a low cost and ethical alternative to the loan sharks and the payday loans companies, like The Money Shop, who charge exorbitant rates of interest thus trapping the least able in our society into a likely spiral of debt.
This scheme deserves the support of those of us who are lucky enough to have some money in our pockets in these very difficult times.
Please also promote the Wisbech Food Bank project. However, can I also plead that, as you drop your tin in the collection basket, ask yourself WHY (in what is still one of the richest countries in the world) we have to ensure that people don’t go to bed hungry?
Then having asked ourselves that question, pose it to our politicians who have the ability and the responsibility to do something about it.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 10 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'