Fenland residents tuck into popular delivery service amid coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
Forget going to the restaurants, residents have been tucking into a variety of dishes courtesy of a popular Fenland delivery service.
Parkfield Sports Club in Wimblington closed its doors last Friday (March 20) in line with Government advice over the coronavirus pandemic, so instead, Maree King has provided a weekly menu boasting one hot healthy meal per day.
From cottage pies to lasagne, the local community have shown their appreciation to the initiative on social media.
One user said: “Great little community we have”, while another wrote: “The lasagne was delicious”.
In response to the high demand, Parkfield Social Club said: “Terribly sorry to all of those we had to turn away, the response to this has been overwhelming. It is therefore imperative that you order in advance to avoid disappointment.”
You may also want to watch:
Meals cost £5 with free local delivery. For more information and to book your slot, call 01354 741555 or visit their Facebook page.
Are you organising any community projects or ideas during the COVID-19 outbreak? Tell us what you’re getting up to - email Daniel.Mason@archant.co.uk.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?