Den building comes to Cavalry Primary in March
- Credit: Archant
Traditional den building skills came out to play when pupils at Cavalry Primary took part in a special day to raise funds for children who do not have a safe space to sleep at night.
Children in the school and nursery took part in the Den Day thanks to donations from parents and local businesses.
The children built dens across the playground and school field using cardboard, bamboo canes, old blankets and tarpaulins.
They raised £524.85 for Save the Children which will help make life better for children around the world who don’t have a safe place to sleep at night.
In a separate event Year 6 pupils, led by Jacob Droy, held a sponsored silence yesterday with some of his friends.
You may also want to watch:
They raised a grand total of £175 for Meningitis Now, the only charity dedicated to fighting Meningitis in the UK.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle