ANGLIA Designs, part of Anglia Components, has opened a new half million pound technology centre in Wisbech. The centre was opened by Sir Robin Saxby, president of IET and Emeritus chairman of ARM. It has a fully equipped laboratory and a wet room that i
ANGLIA Designs, part of Anglia Components, has opened a new half million pound technology centre in Wisbech.
The centre was opened by Sir Robin Saxby, president of IET and Emeritus chairman of ARM.
It has a fully equipped laboratory and a wet room that includes a printed circuit board etching, drilling and environmental chamber. A custom-built EMC test chamber is designed to help customers achieve pre-compliance for their electronic products through accurate measurement of conducted emissions.
The centre is staffed by six hardware engineers and seven software programmers. Their role is to provide design support for bespoke systems.
You may also want to watch:
Use of the pre-compliance test chamber is free to Anglia customers and the company provides a wide selection of components to help them achieve performance goals.
Anglia CEO Steve Rawlins said: "This latest investment is a further demonstration that Anglia sees the provision of outstanding technical support throughout the design cycle as an essential part of the service we deliver to customers.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
"It's not just a question of recommending suitable components. Where they need it, we support customers throughout the product design and development process, right up to the point at which they are ready to got to market with their products. We know of no other distributor in the UK that puts in this level of technical support commitment.