Design team want to ‘raise the profile of the Fens’ with this stunning one off new home in Wisbech
A DESIGN team at Peter Humphrey Associates of Wisbech has come up with what they believe is a revolutionary style for a replacement house.
“Let’s raise the profile of the Fens with some modern buildings,” said the firm’s principal Peter Humphrey.
An existing bungalow will be demolished to make way for the new home.
Mr Humphrey says planning officers have indicated “that this unique style and size of dwelling would be appropriate for the site.
“We believe that this one off design will enhance the area. It can just be seen off the A47 heading into Wisbech and could become a local landmark”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Many properties being built locally are all of a similar design and the applicants are extremely excited by the opportunity to build and live in a unique property and something completely new in Fenland.
“We feel that this property could not only enhance Fenland but could also be recognised nationally, something that the applicant, the agent and Fenland Council could be proud of.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
Mr Humphrey said his firm had met officials on numerous occasions to discuss the application and planning officers have indicated that this style could be appropriate for the site.
Eco features will include thermal insulation and high performance double glazing and heating.
The council will decide the application in coming weeks.