Details of Westwood Primary School, formed through the merger of Maple Grove and Westwood Junior, revealed
- Credit: Archant
Westwood Primary School, which will replace the existing Maple Grove Infant School and Westwood Junior School, will be open to pupils from September.
All existing children at the junior and infant schools will transfer to the newly created primary school.
Maple Grove was placed in special measures following a poor Ofsted report in December, while Westwood was praised by inspectors for making improvements.
The new primary school will initially cater for 630 pupils when it opens in September, but this is expected to increase to 840 as the school expands to meet demand.
It will be a split site school, operating over the sites currently occupied by Maple Grove Infant and Westwood Junior Schools.
You may also want to watch:
Westwood Primary School will continue to provide 90 places per year group from year one to year six but will offer additional reception places in September.
From September 2016 onwards, it will admit 120 pupils into its reception year as the school is expanded to cope with anticipated demand.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 7 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
Early years and childcare provision for 2-4 year olds will continue on the site of the present infant school.